Before the Town Hall square turns into the “Vienna Ice Dream” every year at the End of January, ice skating enthusiasts can already enjoy different venues in Vienna. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, many ice rinks invites their visitors to turn their rounds on the ice. Of course, ice skates are available to borrow on site.
Founded in 1867, the Wiener Eislaufverein is located in the immediate vicinity of the Stadtpark and is one of the largest in the city with its over 6,000 m2 ice surface. There are also courses for beginners as well as advanced classes for ice skating or ice hockey sport. Theme parties also provide variety.
- Where: Lothringerstraße 22, 1030 Wien
- When: Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday 09:00am – 08:00pm
- Tuesday till Friday 09:00am – 09:00pm
- Web: www.wev.or.at/
High above the town is the oldest open-air skating rink in the world, which opened in 1909, the Kunsteisbahn Engelmann. On the flat roof of a building, artful swings can be drawn over the roofs of Vienna. Women and couples day and every Friday an outdoor ice disco complete the offer.
- Where: Syringgasse 6-14, 1170 Wien
- When: Monday 09:00am – 06:00pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 09:00am – 09:30pm
- Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday 09:00am – 07:00pm
- Web: www.engelmann.co.at
Albert Schulz Eishalle
Bulit in the middle of the 90s, the Albert Schulz Halle is the largest ice sports center in Austria and training venue of the hockey professionals Vienna Capitals. The hall, located in Kagran, offers visitors ice hockey, ice sports and public ice skating in 3 different ice rinks.
- Where: Attemsgasse 1, 1220 Wien
- When: Wednesday 01:00pm – 05:00pm
- Saturday 01:00pm – 04:45pm, 05:00pm – 08:00pm Ice disco
- Sunday, Public Holiday: 09:00am – 05:00pm
- Web: www.albertschultzeishalle.at/
Eislaufplatz Eisring Süd
Independent from weather conditions, on 2 ice surfaces, once under roof and once under the open sky you can turned your rounds on ice. The first-class ice conditions allow hockey teams to train here. On Sundays there is also an ice disco for families.
- Where: Windtenstraße 2, 1100 Wien
- When: Monday till Thursday 08:00am – 06:00pm
- Friday 08:00am – 08:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday: 10:00am – 08:00pm
- Web: www.eisringsued.at/cms/